White Cane Scholarships
Each year the White Cane Committee awards three $3,000 scholarship to visually impaired individuals.
The committee reviews applications and selects winners in January. Scholarship checks are presented during the Lions Michigan Forum in February or March.
- Must be legally blind and provide verification (letter from optometrist or ophthalmologist or letter from vocational counselor).
2. Applicants must be a resident of the State of Michigan and a United States Citizen (International students must provide proof of citizenship) and either attending or accepted by an accredited trade or business school, college or university.
3. Applicants must complete the official scholarship application (both sides).
4. Must submit two letters of recommendation.
5. Must submit an essay outlining why you need the scholarship.
6. Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (transcript required).
7. Completed scholarship applications must be postmarked NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 31st annually.
8. Must attend the Lions of Michigan Forum to accept scholarship during a ceremonial presentation. (Actual check(s) will be issued to the school/university/equipment manufacturer upon submission of
documentation. Two weeks notice required).
To fill out Scholarship Application 2019 form - please note that because of required documentation, you will be unable to submit your application on-line. Please print application, sign at bottom and submit with required paperwork. Thank you.
Please mail or fax completed scholarship application to:
Lions of Michigan State Office
Attn: Scholarship Committee
5730 Executive Dr.
Lansing, MI 48911
Fax: 517- 887-6642